Nissan Pick-ups and Pathfinder 1970-1988 IGNITION TIMING Repair Guide
Access our free Ignition Timing Repair Guide for Nissan Pick-ups and Pathfinder 1970-1988 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: Timing indicator-to-pulley relationship
- Fig. 2: Timing marks
- Fig. 3: Loosen the distributor lockbolt and turn the distributor slightly to advance (upper arrow) or retard (lower arrow) the timing-1970-80
- Fig. 4: Adjusting the ignition timing-1981-86 engines
- Fig. 5: View of the timing scale and timing mark (white mark on crankshaft pulley)
- Fig. 6: Aim the timing light at the marks (but be careful of the fan blades)
Access our Nissan Pick-ups and Pathfinder 1970-1988 Ignition Timing Repair Guide by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Ignition Timing Repair Guide”.