Protege 1999-2000 Timing Belt Repair Guide
Access our free Timing Belt Repair Guide for Protege 1999-2000 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. Exploded view of the timing belt assembly-1.6L (ZM) engines
- Fig. Remove pulley bolt and boss by using tool 49 D011 102 to prevent crankshaft rotation-1.6L (ZM) engines
- Fig. Turn the crankshaft until the timing marks on the crankshaft and camshaft sprockets are aligned. The pin on the pulley boss must face upward-1.6L (ZM) engines
- Fig. Loosen the tensioner lockbolt and pry the tensioner outward-1.6L (ZM) engines
- Fig. Do not to bend, twist or get oil or other contaminates on the belt as this will damage the belt, if reusing the belt; mark the direction of rotation prior to removal-1.6L (ZM) engines
- Fig. Check the tensioner spring free length; it should not exceed 2.43 inch (68mm)-1.6L (ZM) engines
Access our Protege 1999-2000 Timing Belt Repair Guide Removal and Installation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Timing Belt Repair Guide”.