Subaru Cars 1998-05 Timing Belt Repair Guide
Access our free Timing Belt 2 Repair Guide for Subaru Cars 1998-05 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. Remove the timing belt guide on vehicles equipped with manual transmission-2.5L engine shown, 2.2L similar
- Fig. Before removing the timing belt, turn the crankshaft sprocket until all of the alignment marks are aligned as indicated-2.5L engine shown, 2.2L similar
- Fig. If the original marks on the timing belt are worn or faded, make new alignment marks in the positions indicated-2.5L engine shown, 2.2L similar
- Fig. It is necessary to remove the automatic adjuster assembly and reset the pushrod for timing belt installation-2.5L engine shown, 2.2L similar
- Fig. Never bend the timing belt into a radius tighter than 2.36 in./60mm (h), otherwise it will be damaged beyond-2.5L engine shown, 2.2L similar
- Fig. Use a vertical press to push the adjuster rod into its housing until it is flush with the assembly-s outer surface . . .
Access our Subaru Cars 1998-05 Timing Belt 2 Repair Guide Removal and Installation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Timing Belt 2 Repair Guide”.