Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick, Tracker 1986-1998 Idle Speed and Mixture Repair Guide
Access our free Idle Speed and Mixture Repair Guide for Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick, Tracker 1986-1998 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: Idle speed adjusting screw location on all carbureted engines
- Fig. 2: Before inspecting the engine idle speed, ground the diagnosis switch terminal of the DC-DLC (monitor coupler)-TFI-equipped engines
- Fig. 3: Connect a duty cycle meter to the vehicle by attaching the positive lead to terminal Band the negative lead to the ground terminal of the DC-DLC (monitor coupler)-TFI-equipped models
- Fig. 4: Use a specially designed adapter wire to attach the tachometer to the wiring on TFI-equipped models
- Fig. 5: On MFI-equipped engines, connect terminals B and D with a jumper wire prior to inspecting the idle speed
- Fig. 6: The idle speed adjusting screw is located on the side of the throttle-body on the TFI system, as indicated
Access our Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick, Tracker 1986-1998 Idle Speed and Mixture Repair Guide Adjustments by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Idle Speed and Mixture Repair Guide”.