Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick, Tracker 1986-1998 Ignition Timing Repair Guide
Access our free Ignition Timing Repair Guide for Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick, Tracker 1986-1998 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: The vehicle information label, located under the hood, provides important tune-up specifications
- Fig. 2: The ignition timing inspection hole is located on the transmission, near the engine flange-the ignition is correctly set when the 10 degree BTDC mark is aligned with the matchmark at 750-850 rpm
- Fig. 3: To adjust the ignition timing, loosen the flange bolt(s) and rotate the distributor housing accordingly
- Fig. 4: To prevent the ignition timing from fluctuating while checking it, use a jumper wire to ground monitor connector terminal D to terminal C
- Fig. 5: The ignition timing marks are stamped in a tab protruding from the timing belt cover, above the crankshaft pulley
- Fig. 6: The ignition timing marks are located on a tab attached to the engine
Access our Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick, Tracker 1986-1998 Ignition Timing Repair Guide General Information by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Ignition Timing Repair Guide”.