Toyota Corolla 1988-1997 Ignition Timing Repair Guide
Access our free Ignition Timing Repair Guide for Toyota Corolla 1988-1997 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: Attach a tachometer to both the battery and terminals of the service connector coming from the distributor-1988-89 models
- Fig. 2: Disconnect the vacuum line(s) from the distributor vacuum unit
- Fig. 3: With the engine idling, use a timing light to check the timing
- Fig. 4: If necessary, loosen the distributor bolts and turn the distributor, then recheck the timing
- Fig. 5: Reconnect the vacuum line(s) to the distributor vacuum unit
- Fig. 6: Attach the tachometer to the battery and check connector terminals
Access our Toyota Corolla 1988-1997 Ignition Timing Repair Guide General Information by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Ignition Timing Repair Guide”.