Toyota Corolla 1988-1997 Timing Belt and Sprockets Repair Guide
Access our free Timing Belt and Sprockets Repair Guide for Toyota Corolla 1988-1997 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: Prior to belt removal, inspect all components and matchmark for installation-4A-GE engine
- Fig. 2: Loosen the idler pulley bolt and push it as far to the left as it will go, tighten it, remove the belt …
- Fig. 3: … then remove the idler pulley bolt, pulley, and tension spring-4A-GE engine
- Fig. 4: Secure the camshaft and remove the pulley bolt
- Fig. 5: Inspect the smoothness of the idler pulley
- Fig. 6: Measure the free length of the tension spring-4A-GE engine
Access our Toyota Corolla 1988-1997 Timing Belt and Sprockets Repair Guide Removal and Installation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Timing Belt and Sprockets Repair Guide”.