Car Vacuum: Guide to Choosing the Right One
Whether you’ve had your car one month or a year and beyond, you’ve likely noticed debris collecting throughout your vehicle. That rainy day, a car ride with the pet, and an afternoon lunch stop, have probably resulted in the collection of dirt, hair, and crumbs dirt within your vehicle. As a result, you may be thinking of checking out a car vacuum to start cleaning up the area.
However, there are a variety of car vacuums out there, which can make the task of choosing just one daunting. Fortunately, we can help make that decision a bit easier to make.
Read on for tips on selecting the best car vacuum and a few product choices to consider.
What you should be looking for to find the right car vacuum
As you begin your research, you should factor in a few features to find the best car detailing vacuum for you.
- Do you have pets? – Pet hair can be tricky as it can get stuck within your upholstery, making it hard to get rid of. As a result, you’ll need a vacuum cleaner with an effective suction ability to easily remove pet hair.
- Do you need a wet/dry car vacuum? – Do you frequently handle liquid within your car? A wet/dry car vacuum allows you to clean up both wet and dry stains.
- Do you prefer a corded or cordless car vacuum? – Both options come with pros and cons. A corded vacuum will limit where you can park and clean your car, but it can handle more extensive and longer cleaning jobs. On the other hand, a cordless car vacuum can clean your vehicle practically anywhere. It may also be easier to maneuver as these vacuums tend to be portable. However, you’ll have to charge the battery sufficiently.
- How lightweight is it? – A heavier vacuum can likely handle more extensive cleaning jobs, but it will not be as mobile, which will limit where you can clean your car. Alternatively, a smaller car vacuum will be more lightweight, but it may not be able to take care of large messes in one sitting.
- How much suction does it have? – If you have a history of having heavy-duty messes in your car, you want to make sure you have a car vacuum with considerable suction.
- How effective is the air filter? – You want to focus on cleaning the materials within your car, but you also want to ensure the air within it is as clean as possible. For this reason, you want to consider whether the vacuum has a high-efficiency particulate air or HEPA filter.
These points can help you narrow down the right car vacuum to look into.
The Best Car Vacuums to Clean Your Car’s Interior
Now that you have an idea of the features you need to consider for your next car vacuum, check out our picks for the best car vacuum cleaner to elimnate those crumbs and dirt within your car.
Wagan Wet/Dry Auto Vacuum 12V
If you need an affordable and portable car vacuum cleaner, the Wagan Wet/Dry Auto Vacuum 12V should be high on your list. It comes with a 120W motor and a 9-foot power cord. However, this product shines because it can be powered with a cigarette lighter receptacle in your car. Bonus! This car vacuum can inflate those pool toys if you’re heading to the beach. Reviews for this one highlight its size and relative power.
ProElite 14.8 Volt Rechargeable Car Vacuum
At 2.1 pounds, the ProElite 14.8 Rechargeable Car Vacuum is a lightweight vacuum that packs a punch. This vacuum can be recharged, making it a cordless car vacuum option. With a rating of almost 4 out of 5, this vacuum has shown to be primarily effective for customers who have used it. Reviews highlight the vacuum’s compact size, suction, and portability. If you need a lightweight and easy to hold car vacuum, consider this one.
Armor All Utility Vacuum 2.5gal
This car vacuum delivers on offering an exceptional product for an affordable price. The Armor All Utility Vacuum comes with an eight-piece detail kit that includes components that enable you to get those crumbs between the seats and clean out the dashboards, vents, and electrical components. The car comes with a nozzle that allows you to reach tight spaces and an automatic shut-off feature to prevent overflow. While it is corded, its power makes up for the lack of mobility. With a rating of 4.6 out of 5, the reviews for this one highlight the vacuum’s thorough cleaning ability and suction.
Dewalt 20 Volt 1.5gal Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner
The Dewalt 20 Volt 1.5gal Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner allows you to have the best of both worlds. It offers the power of a corded vacuum in a cordless form. It comes with an extended runtime battery, a flexible hose and front utility nozzle, and a HEPA wet/dry filter that catches 99.97% of dust. While it is almost 4 out of 5 stars, reviewers highlight how helpful the vacuum is for individuals who need convenience in dealing with more giant messes — particularly individuals that drive with children or people who have jobs that produce dirt and grime in their car.
Dewalt Dust extractor
If suction and a good air filter are important to you, then the Dewalt Dust extractor is a great option. Weighing in at 27 pounds, this car vacuum is more prominent in size and price, but the trade-off may be worth it. Coming with a 15 AMP motor, this car vacuum cleaner’s airflow facilitates significant suction power. The vacuum’s eight-foot power cord and wheels make the 27-pound size easier to maneuver around. It also comes with an automatic filter clean function, minimizing the number of times you have to stop to clear out the filter. With a 4.2 out of 5 rating, reviewers praise the vacuum’s superior suction and dust extractor feature.
Whether you’re looking for a portable cordless vacuum cleaner or need a larger and more powerful car vacuum that can handle both wet and dry jobs, we have what you’re looking for. Take a look at our selection of effective car vacuums, including those on this list. We’re confident you can find a car vacuum that fits your needs.