Engine Control Computer
What are you working on today?
1-24 of 14230 Results
Engine Control Computer
The computer governs crucial functions like air fuel mixture, electronic valve control, idle speed, and variable valve timing. It manages these systems by reading values from engine bay sensors, interpreting this data using lookup tables, and adjusting internal combustion engine actuators accordingly.
Engine control modules, or units, replace a series of mechanical and pneumatic settings, meaning they can make more efficient adjustments based on real data from the engine bay sensors. The module is crucial to engine performance, and a malfunctioning part can lead to decreased fuel economy and a host of other issues.
Engine computer issues can be an ordeal to troubleshoot. In addition to its influence in far reaching functions, the computer relies on sensors to behave properly. The part also has a lot of different names; an engine computer that is integrated with the transmission control unit (TCU) is called a powertrain control module (PCM). All this can make it hard to diagnose when something has gone wrong. If you think the computer may be broken, see if you can determine the cause. Typically, ECU/ECM/PCM failure is caused by voltage overload from a short circuit or environmental damage from corrosion, hot components, or vibration. Water is particularly dangerous for engine computers.
When it’s time to equip your vehicle with a new ECM or ECU, come to AutoZone. We carry parts for all major vehicles, and we make finding the right parts easy. Enter your vehicle’s year, make, and model up above, and we will take it from there. Whether you’re in the market for a Nissan Frontier engine control module, or an ECU for any other car, we have the right engine control unit for your ride.
- Honda Accord Engine Control Computer
- Honda Civic Engine Control Computer
- Ford F150 Engine Control Computer
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Engine Control Computer
- Toyota Camry Engine Control Computer
- Nissan/Datsun Altima Engine Control Computer
- Dodge Ram 1500 Engine Control Computer
- Toyota Corolla Engine Control Computer
- Chevrolet Cruze Engine Control Computer
- Ford Focus Engine Control Computer
Advice and How-To's
- Brake Lights Not Working?
- Why is My Oil Change Light On?
- What Does a Rebuilt Title Mean?
- How Much Does a Wheel Bearing Replacement Cost?
- Timing Belt Symptoms and Replacement Cost
- Why is My Car Burning Oil?
- Window Not Working? 9 Reasons Why Window Motors and Regulators Fail
- Why Do People Steal Catalytic Converters?
- What Black, Blue, or White Smoke from a Car's Exhaust Means
- What Does an AC Compressor Replacement Cost?