First, Add Your Vehicle
Get an exact fit for your vehicle.
Tap image to zoom
Santech MAP Sensor MP0068Shop All Santech
Part # MP0068
SKU # 978184
Price Not Available
The Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor, also known as the MAP sensor, measures atmospheric pressure inside the intake manifold and sends a voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). As atmospheric pressure inside an intake manifold is negative during vehicle operation, the sensor is actually measuring vacuum. The ECM calculates proper air/fuel ratios, idle speeds and ignition spark timing based in part on the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor's signal. A malfunctioning or inoperative Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor can cause drivability symptoms such as hard starting, stalling, harsh or poor transmission shift points, rough idle and hesitation. It can also cause the Check Engine Light (CEL), Service Engine Soon (SES) or Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) to illuminate and can set a trouble code (P-code) in the ECM when not functioning correctly. Not correcting a failed Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor condition can cause reduced fuel mileage and performance, increased emissions and damage to other components such as the catalytic converter. Wells Vehicle Electronics' Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensors are designed and manufactured to meet or exceed original equipment manufacturers' specifications for performance and durability.
- Direct OE Replacement
- Meets or Exceeds OE Specifications
- Durability tested for realibility under extreme conditions
- Manufactured with high quality materials for long life
Advice and How-To's
- Why Won’t My Car Window Go Up?
- NOCO Portable Jump Starter VS Traditional Jumper Cables
- Window Regulator Vs. Motor: What’s the Difference?
- What Are Brake Shoes?
- Roof Top Tent vs Ground Tent: Which is Right for You?
- Best Portable Generators: Buying Guide 2023
- Should I Replace or Resurface Brake Rotors?
- What Does Antifreeze Color Mean?
- When Should You Resurface Your Rotors?
- Can You Drive Without a Catalytic Converter?