First, Add Your Vehicle
Get an exact fit for your vehicle.
Tap image to zoom
Comp Cams Performance Valve Lifter 96818CR-2Shop All COMP Cams
Part # 96818CR-2
SKU # 1121708
Price Not Available
Estimated delivery Mar. 5
Sportsman Lifters from COMP Cams are designed to be a premium and lighter weight upgrade over Endure-X Lifters and a value alternative to the Elite Race option. Sportsman Lifters are offered in two configurations: a standard/traditional needle bearing axle/wheel design or an optional bronze bushing axle/wheel setup. And for Chevrolets, there are also left or right offset pushrod seat options. Each design features two pressurized EDM oil feeds to the axle, along with an edge orifice feed to the wheel. This design delivers a more reliable oil feed than most other options on the market. Sportsman Lifters also feature a shallower oil band than competitors’ versions for increased strength and rigidity, while internal machining helps to reduce weight. The body design utilizes a skirted wheel that strengthens the lifter ears and also provides more contact area with the lifter bore for further lifter stability. In addition, staked axles eliminate clips and provide robust axle retention. This permanent axle retention feature increases the stiffness of the lifter ears and helps prevent the ears from spreading. Sportsman Lifters are built from 8620 premium steel for increased strength and wear resistance and feature a captured link bar design. They utilize a tapered and slotted link bar tower for reduced weight and improved aesthetics. The lifters also feature a tall body to enable use in both standard and .300" tall lifter bores – the result is increased strength and less lifter bore wear.
- Available in both needle-bearing and bushing configurations
- Features two pressurized EDM oil feeds, as well as an edge-orifice feed to the wheel. This delivers a more reliable oil feed than most competing options
- Designed with a shallower oil band than competitors' versions for increased strength and rigidity, while internal machining helps to reduce weight
- Body utilizes a skirted wheel that strengthens the lifter ears, and the skirt also provides more contact area with the lifter bore for further lifter stabilization
- Staked axles eliminate clips and provide robust axle retention. This feature increases the stiffness of the lifter ears and helps to prevent the ears from spreading
- Built from 8620 premium steel for increased strength and wear resistance and they feature a captured, stainless steel link bar design
- Utilize a tapered and slotted link bar tower for reduced weight and improved aesthetics
Advice and How-To's
- How to Tell if Your Car Frame is Damaged
- Is it Safe to Drive with a Bent Frame?
- How Much Does a New Car Key Cost?
- Where Are The Jacking Points on a Car?
- Testing Your Alternator at AutoZone
- Why Won’t My Car Window Go Up?
- NOCO Portable Jump Starter VS Traditional Jumper Cables
- Window Regulator Vs. Motor: What’s the Difference?
- What Are Brake Shoes?
- Roof Top Tent vs Ground Tent: Which is Right for You?