Valve stem oil seals. 1 year limited warranty.
- COMP Cams offers a complete line of valve stem oil seals, from the stock GM o-ring to the positive-stop PTFE seal. These seals are a must to keep unwanted oil from entering the combustion chamber through the clearance in the valve guides. The o-ring seals use the standard retainer and oil splash shield. The umbrella seal is normally used when a larger than-stock diameter spring is used, and in the case of a double spring, the positive stop PTFE seal is used. Smaller diameter Viton seals are also available for triple spring applications. Both the o-ring and the umbrella seals require no machining, but when using the PTFE seal it is necessary to disassemble the heads and machine the top of the guide with a special cutter.
Advice and How-To's
- How does an oil pump work?
- Best motor oil products for your car
- What is the Difference Between Quick, Traditional, and DIY Oil Changes?
- How to Read an Oil Dipstick
- What Oil Does My Car Take?
- When should you get an oil change?
- How Much Oil Does My Car Need?
- Oil Change Time vs Mileage: When Should You Change Your Oil?
- What are symptoms of a bad oil pump?
- Explaing the Different Types of Motor Oil and Why it Matter