Spring locator. 1 year limited warranty.
- The older style standard shims will not hold up to the extreme spring pressures and high RPM found in racing engines being built today. COMP Cams offers a simple but effective solution to this problem - a thin, hardened steel alloy seat which will not only protect the head and shim but also locate and hold the spring in place. Previously, this part has been available only in a cup form with the retaining portion being on the outside of the part. This required that the head be machined a great deal to accept this cup so COMP now offers an I.D. locator with the locating shoulder on the inside, as well as the spring cup. Many sizes are available to locate from the inside or outside diameter.
Advice and How-To's
- 5 Things You Might Forget When Cleaning Your Car
- Why is My Engine Ticking?
- How to Do an Engine Compression Test
- Why is My Check Engine Light On?
- Car Leaking Oil? How to Fix Engine Oil Leaks at Home
- Bad Oxygen Sensor: Symptoms & Replacement Cost
- How to read your check engine light with Fix Finder
- How Does an Alternator Work?
- Forced Induction: Superchargers and Turbochargers
- What Does It Mean To Blow a Head Gasket?