First, Add Your Vehicle
Get an exact fit for your vehicle.
Tap image to zoom
Victor Reinz Head Bolt Set 14-10117-01Shop All Victor Reinz
Part # 14-10117-01
SKU # 1133086
Price Not Available
Head Bolt Set
Using new head bolts when performing a cylinder head installation is always a good idea however, on late-model engines that came from the factory with TTY (torque-to yield) head bolts, replacement is an absolute necessity. TTY bolts are designed to exert the maximum clamping force for a tight head gasket seal, however they permanently stretched and could fail if re-used.
- Choosing Victor Reinz assures getting OE quality parts in gaskets sets that have the coverage, contents, packaging and electronic cataloging to best meet the needs of the aftermarket.
- Head bolt replacement recommended.
- Torque-to-yield bolts are designed so that they can be elongated beyond their elastic limit into the plastic region without problems.
- When a specific tightening torque has been reached, the bolts are turned further through a defined angle, which pre-loads them into the plastic region. Consequently, no retorquing is necessary.
Advice and How-To's
- Why Won’t My Car Window Go Up?
- NOCO Portable Jump Starter VS Traditional Jumper Cables
- Window Regulator Vs. Motor: What’s the Difference?
- What Are Brake Shoes?
- Roof Top Tent vs Ground Tent: Which is Right for You?
- Best Portable Generators: Buying Guide 2023
- Should I Replace or Resurface Brake Rotors?
- What Does Antifreeze Color Mean?
- When Should You Resurface Your Rotors?
- Can You Drive Without a Catalytic Converter?