MSD Performance Ignition Coil 8224
|Item Grade||High Performance|
|Coil Configuration||DIS (Distributorless Ignition System)|
|Vehicle System Voltage||12V|
|Coil Terminal Type||Dual Spark Plug Towers|
|Coil Wire Terminal Attachment Type||HEI Style|
|Maximum Voltage (V)||40000|
|Minimum Primary Resistance Range||0.35 ohms|
|Minimum Secondary Resistance Range||7,800 ohms|
When it comes to late model performance parts, nothing beats bolt-on and direct connection components. These new bolt-in coils are designed with improved materials and windings to produce a stronger output. GM DIS 2-tower coil pack PN 8224 used on GM vehicles from the mid 1980s to late 1990s. Installation tip: if you plan to install an MSD DIS ignition, use interface modules, PN 8870.
- Bolt on direct connect coil with improved materials for stronger output
- Two tower DIS coil pack is a direct replacement used on GM vehicles from mid 80 s to late 90 s
- Installation of an MSD DIS ignition use interface module part number 8870
- Ob II and car approved; legal for use in all states; E.O.D-40-37
Advice and How-To's
- How to Do an Engine Compression Test
- How Much Should a Tune-Up Cost?
- How to Tell if a Fuel Filter is Bad
- What Are the Signs of Bad Ignition Coils?
- How to Replace Ignition Coils
- The Tools Needed To Change Spark Plugs
- Tune-Up Checklist
- How to Test Ignition Coils
- Common Ignition Problems
- What Kind of Spark Plugs Do I Need?