MSD Performance Wireset 31179
|Wire Jacket Material||Silicone|
|Wire Diameter (mm)||8.5|
|Wire Insulation||High Dielectric|
|Wire Core Material||Ferro-magnetic impregnated center core|
|Distributor / Coil Boot Material||Silicone|
|Coil Wire Included||No|
|Distributor / Coil Boot Color||Grey|
|Boot End Angle||90 & 180 degrees|
|Maximum Operating Temperature (°F)||500|
The MSD 8.5 mm Super Conductor wire is the performance wire. Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have ever wanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference! In a single 12 In. length of Super Conductor wire there is only 40 to 50 ohms of resistance! That is the lowest resistance of any helically wound wire. To accomplish this, we use a copper alloy conductor due to it s great voltage carrying capabilities. The low resistance results in less loss of spark energy so more reaches the spark plug. The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. So tight, that there is over 40 Ft. of conductor wrapped into a single foot of plug wire. This winding procedure, combined with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective electro magnetic interference (EMI) choke.
- Copper alloy conductor has a resistance value of less than 50 ohms per foot for superior spark
- Ferro-magnetic impregnated core creates an effective EMI choke
- Forty feet of conductor is wound into a single foot of wire for high EMI suppression
- Conductor core features Dupont Kevlar material for increased tensile strength
- Durable outer sleeve is a proprietary compound for resistance to high heat or abrasion
- Stainless steel terminals feature dual crimp tabs to grip wire conductor and outer jacket separately
Advice and How-To's
- What Does a Rebuilt Title Mean?
- How Much Does a Wheel Bearing Replacement Cost?
- Timing Belt Symptoms and Replacement Cost
- Why is My Car Burning Oil?
- Window Not Working? 9 Reasons Why Window Motors and Regulators Fail
- Why Do People Steal Catalytic Converters?
- What Black, Blue, or White Smoke from a Car's Exhaust Means
- What Does an AC Compressor Replacement Cost?
- Ramp vs. Jack Stands: Which Should You Use?
- How Much Does an AC Recharge Cost?