Make sure to identify a power issue correctly. A bad alternator can ruin a good battery.
Signs of a failing alternator:
Dim or flickering lights, dead battery, battery light on, trouble starting or other issues.
How to get your alternator tested:
Just to visit a nearby AutoZone. We’ll test the alternator while it’s still in the vehicle.
This complicated, crucial component can be checked quickly to see if you need a replacement.
Signs of a failing starter:
Car won’t start, lights but no engine sounds, clicking noise or no sound at all when starting.
How to get your starter tested:
Remove the starter and bring it to a nearby AutoZone. We’ll test the starter quickly, for free.
Dead may not mean bad when it comes to your battery. We’ll get it checked out, so you know for sure.
Signs of a failing battery:
Dashboard warning light, slow or no start, issues with electronics or other symptoms.
How to get your battery tested:
Just visit a nearby AutoZone. We’ll test the battery while it’s still in your vehicle.
If your battery is functioning properly, but low on power, we can charge it for free.
Advice and How-To's
- What Does the Battery light Mean?
- How Long Does an Oil Change Take?
- Why is My Check Engine Light On?
- How to Replace Brakes
- How to Replace a Car Battery
- What Kind of Windshield Wipers Do I Need?
- How to Change Your Oil
- How to Remove Corrosion from Your Car Battery
- How To Tell If Your Mass Air Flow Sensor Is Bad
- How to Remove Moisture from Headlights