|SAE Oil Weight
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage SAE 5W-20 is a full synthetic motor oil made from natural gas, not crude oil. It is uniquely engineered from our revolutionary PurePlus™ gas-to-liquid technology which is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high quality, full synthetic base oil. Because it is made from natural gas, the base oil contains fewer impurities than base oils made from crude oil, and when combined with our advanced additive technology, creates one of the best formulations in our Pennzoil high mileage portfolio. As your car ages, leaks may develop and cause higher oil consumption and oil burn off, potentially causing your engine to need frequent top-offs. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage motor oil is enhanced with an excellent combination of special conditioning seal agents and additives to help stop leaks from seals and reduce the oil consumption that is typical of older and worn engines. Our full synthetic high mileage motor oil also protects engines from loss of horsepower, offers excellent performance in extreme temperatures, provides unsurpassed wear protection (based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30), and protection against abnormal combustion phenomenon like low-speed pre-ignition observed in modern turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDI) engines. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage SAE 5W-20 is engineered to help keep engines clean by gently lifting deposits and keeping them away from critical moving engine parts In fact, it keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standards (Based on Sequence IIIH results).
- Conditions dry or cracked seals on older engines to help reduce leaks and oil burn-off
- Helps protect against the effects of low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines
- Offers unsurpassed wear protection- No other leading synthetic oil provides better wear protection from friction.
- Recommended for vehicles that have accumulated over 75,000 miles
- Specifications, Approvals and Recommendations •FCA MS-6395 •Ford WSS-M2C945-B1
- Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications: •API SP and all previous categories •ILSAC GF-6
Advice and How-To's
- Introducing Valvoline™ Restore & Protect
- Does Cold Weather Affect Motor Oil?
- Your Engine Is Losing Horsepower and Fuel Economy: Here's Why
- Why Is My Car Leaking Oil?
- Understanding Engine Oil Color: What Does it Mean?
- Synthetic Blend vs Full Synthetic
- Spring car care checklist
- How Does an Oil Pump Work?
- Best Motor Oil Products For Your Car
- What is the Difference Between Quick, Traditional, and DIY Oil Changes?