First, set your vehicle
Pennzoil Platinum Engine Oil Full Synthetic 5W-30 5 QuartShop All Pennzoil
Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic SAE 5W-30 motor oil is made from natural gas, not crude oil. It is uniquely engineered from our revolutionary PurePlus™ gas-to-liquid technology, which is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high quality, full synthetic base oil. Our high-quality base oil contains fewer impurities than base oils made from crude oil, and when combined with our advanced additive technology, creates one of the best formulations in our Pennzoil portfolio. Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic SAE 5W-30 motor oil is licensed and meets the vehicle warranty requirements of GM’s dexos 1 ™ Gen 2 specifications that are set forth to meet today’s modern engine technologies. This means that our Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic products meet the stringent requirements of leading car manufacturers.
- Specifications, Approvals and Recommendations •FCA MS-6395, Chrysler MS-13340 •Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 •GM dexos1TM Gen 2 •HONDA/ACURA HTO-06 •Volvo
- Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications: •API SP and all previous categories •ILSAC GF-6 •ACEA A1/B1
- Delivers outstanding piston cleanliness, keeping pistons up to 50% cleaner than required by the toughest industry standards (based on Sequence IIIH engine test results)
- Helps protect against the effects of low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines
- Offers unsurpassed wear protection by keeping engine parts from coming into contact
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic is the first motor oil made from natural gas, not crude oil
Advice and How-To's
- What Oil Does My Car Take?
- When should you get an oil change?
- How Much Oil Does My Car Need?
- Oil Change Time vs Mileage: When Should You Change Your Oil?
- What are symptoms of a bad oil pump?
- Explaing the Different Types of Motor Oil and Why it Matter
- Does Motor Oil Expire? Know When to Change your Oil
- Which Tools Do I Need to Change My Oil?
- Why is My Oil Change Light On?
- Why is My Car Burning Oil?