First, set your vehicle
Shell Rotella T6 Diesel Engine Oil HD Full Synthetic 5W-40 1 galShop All Shell ROTELLA
Shell Rotella® T6 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil is a full synthetic motor oil that features exclusive Triple Protection Plus™ technology, formulated with fully synthetic base oils plus advanced additives to protect against wear, deposits and oil breakdown PLUS better low temperature flow and increased fuel economy performance, without compromising durability, compared to conventional SAE 15W-40 oils. Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 engine oil provides: Better Fuel Economy This full synthetic heavy-duty engine oil offers enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5%1 that can save money in fuel consumption, without compromising engine protection or durability. Improved Wear Performance Full synthetic CK-4 heavy duty engine oil provides a significantly increased level of protection against harmful engine wear when compared to previous generation API CJ-4 engine oils.2 Improved Deposit Control The advanced multi-functional dispersant additives in combination with synthetic base oils provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants. 2 Improved Heat Resistance Full synthetic heavy-duty engine oil resists breakdown by heat to provide continuous protection throughout the service interval.3 Emissions System Compatibility Advanced low-ash formulation helps control blocking of or poisoning of exhaust after-treatment devices, helping maintain vehicle emission compliance and engine fuel efficiency. Outstanding Shear Stability Shell Rotella T6 synthetic oil resists viscosity loss through shear and will maintain optimal pressure in the engine. 1 Compared to 15W-40 oils 2 Compared to previous formulation 3 Compared to conventional SAE 15W-40 oil
- Engineered with shear stability to resist viscosity loss and maintain optimal engine oil pressure
- Formulated with additive technology that protects against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants
- Provides 1.5% improved fuel economy performance compared to SAE 15W-40 oils
- Suitable for diesel-powered vehicles from tractor/trailers to classic cars and heavy-duty diesel pickups that allow an SAE 5W-40
- Triple Protection Plus™ formula combines fully synthetic base oils with advanced additives for excellent equipment protection and long engine life
Advice and How-To's
- What Oil Does My Car Take?
- When should you get an oil change?
- How Much Oil Does My Car Need?
- Oil Change Time vs Mileage: When Should You Change Your Oil?
- What are symptoms of a bad oil pump?
- Explaing the Different Types of Motor Oil and Why it Matter
- Does Motor Oil Expire? Know When to Change your Oil
- Which Tools Do I Need to Change My Oil?
- Why is My Oil Change Light On?
- Why is My Car Burning Oil?