2004 Jeep Wrangler Batteries, Starting and Charging
What are you working on today?
Most Popular Parts
Questions & Answers
How long do car batteries last?
A typical car battery lasts 3 to 5 years. Get the most out of your battery by keeping your battery charged, terminals clean, and by properly maintaining your starting and charging system.
How to tell if a car battery is dead?
There are signs you can use to diagnose this issue, most notably a slow start or electronics that work until you try to start the engine. If you want to know for sure, you should bring it to your local AutoZone for a free battery test.
Can I test a battery with a multimeter?
Yes. Ensure the battery hasn't been used for an hour and set the multmeter to DC voltage. Touch the probes to the corresponding terminals. You should see 12.66 volts ideally, and at least 12 if there is any charge.
How to jump start a car battery?
Connect the red clamps to the positive terminals, first on the dead battery, then on the live one. Connect a black clamp to the live battery's negative terminal and the other to ground. Start the working car, then try starting the other car.
Are car batteries universal?
No. Car batteries are different from vehicle to vehicle. Enter your vehicle's info at the top of this page to find the battery that meets your vehicle's specifications.
Does a dead battery always need to be replaced?
Not necessarily. Your battery may be discharged due to a faulty part in the charging system, like an alternator. This is why it is smart to bring yours in for a free battery test at your local AutoZone to determine exactly what needs to be done.
How do I keep my battery charged if I don't drive often?
Not driving frequently can result in a dead battery because it needs to be recharged by the alternator, which happens when you drive. If you spend long periods of time not driving your car, consider using a battery maintainer to keep yours charged.
What is the AutoZone Merchandise Credit?
The AutoZone Merchandise Credit is a merchandise credit which is issued in the form of a declining-balance card and can be used to purchase merchandise at any of our 5,000 plus AutoZone stores. AutoZone Merchandise Credits cannot be purchased.
How will my purchase be shipped?
AutoZone.com ships via FedEx home delivery. With FedEx, you have four shipping options. If you select standard delivery, you can expect your shipment within three to five days after your order has been processed.
What is AutoZone Rewards?
AutoZone Rewards is a free program giving you recurring rewards dollars for your purchases. Members have access to all AutoZone free services and more including access your purchase history.
- Buick Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Cadillac Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Chevrolet Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Chrysler Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Dodge Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Ford Batteries, Starting and Charging
- GMC Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Lincoln Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Tesla Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Saturn Batteries, Starting and Charging
- View all Makes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Cherokee Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Liberty Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Patriot Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Compass Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Renegade Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Commander Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep CJ7 Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep CJ5 Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Jeep Willys Batteries, Starting and Charging
Advice and How-To's
- What Does the Battery Light Mean?
- Dead Car Battery? Learn the Signs of a Bad Battery
- Do Lithium Ion Battery Boosters work?
- How to Replace a Car Battery
- How to Remove Corrosion from Your Car Battery
- Battery Boosters and Chargers Guide
- Are Car Batteries Universal?
- Lead Acid vs. Lithium-Ion Jump Starters
- How To Test a Car Battery With a Multimeter
- What Is a Car Battery Trickle Charger?