Subaru Batteries, Starting and Charging
What are you working on today?
Most Popular Parts
SHOP BY SUBARU BATTERIES, STARTING AND CHARGING BY MODEL
Questions & Answers
How long do car batteries last?
A typical car battery lasts 3 to 5 years. Get the most out of your battery by keeping your battery charged, terminals clean, and by properly maintaining your starting and charging system.
How to tell if a car battery is dead?
There are signs you can use to diagnose this issue, most notably a slow start or electronics that work until you try to start the engine. If you want to know for sure, you should bring it to your local AutoZone for a free battery test.
Can I test a battery with a multimeter?
Yes. Ensure the battery hasn't been used for an hour and set the multmeter to DC voltage. Touch the probes to the corresponding terminals. You should see 12.66 volts ideally, and at least 12 if there is any charge.
How to jump start a car battery?
Connect the red clamps to the positive terminals, first on the dead battery, then on the live one. Connect a black clamp to the live battery's negative terminal and the other to ground. Start the working car, then try starting the other car.
Are car batteries universal?
No. Car batteries are different from vehicle to vehicle. Enter your vehicle's info at the top of this page to find the battery that meets your vehicle's specifications.
Does a dead battery always need to be replaced?
Not necessarily. Your battery may be discharged due to a faulty part in the charging system, like an alternator. This is why it is smart to bring yours in for a free battery test at your local AutoZone to determine exactly what needs to be done.
How do I keep my battery charged if I don't drive often?
Not driving frequently can result in a dead battery because it needs to be recharged by the alternator, which happens when you drive. If you spend long periods of time not driving your car, consider using a battery maintainer to keep yours charged.
What is the AutoZone Merchandise Credit?
The AutoZone Merchandise Credit is a merchandise credit which is issued in the form of a declining-balance card and can be used to purchase merchandise at any of our 5,000 plus AutoZone stores. AutoZone Merchandise Credits cannot be purchased.
How will my purchase be shipped?
AutoZone.com ships via FedEx home delivery. With FedEx, you have four shipping options. If you select standard delivery, you can expect your shipment within three to five days after your order has been processed.
What is AutoZone Rewards?
AutoZone Rewards is a free program giving you recurring rewards dollars for your purchases. Members have access to all AutoZone free services and more including access your purchase history.
- Toyota Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Honda Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Hyundai Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Kia Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Acura Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Lexus Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Mazda Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Mitsubishi Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Infiniti Batteries, Starting and Charging
- View all Makes
- Subaru Forester Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru Outback Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru Impreza Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru Legacy Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru XV Crosstrek Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru WRX Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru Crosstrek Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru WRX STI Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru BRZ Batteries, Starting and Charging
- Subaru Tribeca Batteries, Starting and Charging
Advice and How-To's
- What Are Deep Cycle Batteries?
- How to Protect Your Car Battery from the Cold
- How to use a portable jump starter
- Car Won’t Start with New Battery? Here’s What to Check
- What’s the Best Lawn Mower Battery for Me?
- 10 Best Battery Chargers to Keep Your Car Going
- Can a Car Run with a Bad Alternator?
- How to Disconnect a Car Battery
- How Much Does an Alternator Replacement Cost?
- How Long Does an Alternator Last?