This tool is used to hold the retainer ring for easy cylinder removal & replacement making the job easier and quicker.
- Insert the tool tips into the retainer ring and expand by turning the knob
- For removing the rear wheel cylinder retainer on GM X and J body cars
- Releases the spring clip retainer that attaches the rear brake cylinder to backing plate
- Expands and holds this special retainer so the brake cylinder may be removed
Advice and How-To's
- Causes for a brake caliper sticking
- The difference between ceramic vs. metallic brake pads
- The 10 Best Brake Fluids to Maintain the Safety of Your Brakes
- The Best Brake Pads for Your Car
- Which Tools Do I Need to Change My Brake Pads?
- Worn Out Brake Pads: Signs of Bad Brake Pads & What to do Next
- Brake Lights Not Working?
- How Much a Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Costs
- How to Change Brake Pads and Rotors
- Bedding Brakes: How It's Done and Why It Matters