First, Add Your Vehicle
Get an exact fit for your vehicle.
Tap image to zoom
Curt Trailer Hitch 12221Shop All CURT
Part # 12221
SKU # 982714
Price Not Available
Whatever the next checkpoint is on your adventure -- whether it's getting your bike on the trail before sunrise or making it to the campground before dark -- CURT class 2 hitches let you Bring It with confidence. These receiver hitches are made to handle most light-duty towing applications and offer a custom fit for your vehicle. Typically used on full-size cars, crossovers, compact SUVs, minivans or even compact pickup trucks, a CURT class 2 trailer hitch complements the design of smaller vehicles. This particular class 2 hitch is made to be a custom hitch for certain years of the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix (to verify vehicle compatibility, see application info). It offers a weight carrying capacity of 2,500 lbs. GTW and 250 lbs. TW. Class 2 trailer hitches can typically be used to tow a variety of lightweight trailers, such as a small utility trailer, small fishing boat trailer or popup camper (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component). They are also perfect for adding cargo space to your vehicle with a bike rack or cargo carrier. This class 2 hitch features a 1-1/4" receiver tube to accept a ball mount shank or other hitch-mounted accessory. For safety, it is tested in accordance with SAE J684. A custom trailer hitch design requires extra care, and as such, CURT class 2 hitches are engineered using real vehicles and hands-on research. We use high-strength steel, robotic welding and rigorous testing to produce hitches that are built to fit your lifestyle. To ensure that each hitch will be a reliable extension of your vehicle, we also finish our hitches in a co-curing of liquid A-coat and black powder coat, giving them long-lasting rust and wear resistance.
- Plugs into vehicle tail light assembly to provide a 4-way flat socket
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
Advice and How-To's
- How to Hook Up a Trailer
- Understanding Towing Capacity: A Comprehensive Guide
- Tire Repair Kit Buying Guide 2023
- Best Running Boards for Your Truck
- How To Clean And Maintain Your Truck’s Running Boards
- What Causes Death Wobble?
- Best Truck Tool Boxes: 2023 Buying Guide
- How to Clean a Tonneau Cover
- How to Install a Tonneau Cover
- How to Install a Running Board